Hmm...

axxion

Saw this on hackaday.com and was wondering...

could you put this into a guitar? the mod was designed to make the controller think that you are pressing the right trigger super fast.

cparsell said that he made the mod originally with a potentiometer to dial in how fast the thing would shoot. is it possible to use this chip to cut the signal to ground? (keeping the pot so you can control how fast it does) creating a signature tom morello/buckethead effect?

I'm no whiz at electronics, but I know that pickups generate around 2 volts or so, and this chip runs off 5 volts... so I'm assuming you could change the values of the resistors, capacitors and such?

any ideas?

Edited by axxion

Saw this on hackaday.com and was wondering...

could you put this into a guitar? the mod was designed to make the controller think that you are pressing the right trigger super fast.

cparsell said that he made the mod originally with a potentiometer to dial in how fast the thing would shoot. is it possible to use this chip to cut the signal to ground? (keeping the pot so you can control how fast it does) creating a signature tom morello/buckethead effect?

I'm no whiz at electronics, but I know that pickups generate around 2 volts or so, and this chip runs off 5 volts... so I'm assuming you could change the values of the resistors, capacitors and such?

any ideas?

It sounds like what you want to do is recreate the Vox Repeat Percussion effect.

Check out this page and listen to the sound samples.

http://www.ronsound.com/pedals/tremo.html