Mfx Rack With Valve Amp?

AprilEthereal777

Well I guess we all search for the perfect tones and I am as guilty as any of going through many setups over the years. I am currently running a Marshall TSL100 JCM 2000 into a Marshall 1960AX 100 watt quad box (greenbacks). I like the built in distortion and clean tones however find that I prefer to use my ZOOM G7 effects through the clean channel better. The variety of tones in the MFX is incredible and certainly covers my need for tonal variety. The distortions are better, with more balls (bass/bottom end) and cutting edge and the cleans are just awesome.

So this leaves me feeling that I am WASTING the Marshall. I mean what's the point of an AUD $3,000+ amp setup when a $500 pedal sounds better? :D

I only use the setup for jamming with mates in my music room, (volume can be pretty much as loud as I want :D )recording, and rarely play a party or something like that so the volume capacity of the Marshall is not really needed. I have actually plugged the ZOOM into a basic 100 watt Ashton PA that I have and the sound reproduction is just as good tonally BUT it lacks the balls!

So I guess I'm thinking that I could sell the Marshall amp and box and buy another amp, maybe a combo or something? I would be wrapped if I could upgrade my PA into something with more balls by replacing the Ashton PA I currently have and the Marshall setup. :D

So does anyone have much experience with these issues? Know of a great PA that reproduces guitar sounds like I'm talking about? Or do you think a combo would be necessary? I don't want to underestimate the quality of the Marshall VALVE sound I currently enjoy, but seriously, the Ashton PA sounds every bit as warm, just lacks that real thumping bass quality (picture mega palm mute on the Em B) ) I get when running through the Marshall clean channel. This may have something to do with the really cool valve/tube system in the ZOOM but who knows?

I also build my own custom guitars and are very familiar with the sound impact that a different guitar can have so that is not the point in question for those wondering.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated B)