Replacing A Tune-o-matic

OK. So this is the best guide I've found and it's not really clear to me. What I want to do is replace a Nashville style TOM w/ one of the ones w/ the large posts that that you can adjust w/ a screwdriver. Do I just need to remove the old threaded posts, drill out the holes, glop a bit of wood filler in there and then shove the bushings in?

Also, where is the bridge ground on a Gibson SG (faded special if that matters), to one of the bridge posts or two one of the bushings for the stop bar?

Thanks!

Well--I was definitely hoping the tailpiece was grounded since that makes life that much easier since I don't intent to replace that.

This is the kind of TOM I'm talking about:

modTom2.jpg

The only reason I mentioned the wood filler was it's mentioned in the link above for installing this type of bridge. It seems to me like wood glue or something would be better.

OK. So this is the best guide I've found and it's not really clear to me. What I want to do is replace a Nashville style TOM w/ one of the ones w/ the large posts that that you can adjust w/ a screwdriver. Do I just need to remove the old threaded posts, drill out the holes, glop a bit of wood filler in there and then shove the bushings in?

Also, where is the bridge ground on a Gibson SG (faded special if that matters), to one of the bridge posts or two one of the bushings for the stop bar?

Thanks!

And why would you want to do that, if I may ask ??

In my humble opinion, the Nashville bridge in your faded SG is superior to the Gotoh bridge in your picture. If you're after the "easier" screwdriver adjustment, I don't think there's much of an advantage. You still need to release the string tension quite a bit to be able to adjust the bridge with ease. So given the fact that you have to do that anyway, you could just as well use your fingers and the thumbscrews of the original Nashville...

I'm not a big fan of Gotoh hardware, anyway.

BTW, Mattia is right, Gibson grounds the tailpiece.

Huh? You just drill holes the right size, and press-fit the bushings.

Ahhh... Great.

As far as why I want to change it to this particular model, the reason is over the years sweat from my hands have actually begun to to weaken the wood around the current posts and it has started taking a serious toll on its tone. (I know oftentimes one of the posts will have a little wiggle to it to fit the bridge but this is definitely well beyond that--and both posts.) I figured I would either have to dowel it and redrill or just go w/ these w/ the wider posts, which seemed simpler. I also didn't realize that there weren't more manufacturers making them than Gotoh and some no-names. I might just have to order some mahogany dowels in light of that...