How Long Till I Can Cut Bracewood?

Im getting some bracewood, and was wondering if it will help adjust to my climate if I cut the braces out, (its a solid chunk) and if I should wait to cut them out for a week, and then wait 2 more weeks for it to adjust to my climate. Its comming from Hegins, PA to Colorado, so its about a 15% difference in "Martin Country" to the wild west near perfect humidity (40-50%)

Im doing a bunch of kerfing for the next guitars while I wait fo my brace stock. Also, I have been using my old brace wood (Engleman) to practice carving on, and get those lines perfect, etc..., Looks do-able!! :D

Got some cheap tops, but they are near 3/8 thick! This is for backspliceing but I wanted to do a test top or 2 to just go through the numbers so to speak maybe retop another guitar.

That is a tuff question. Wood in thinner dimension should aclimate quicker, as long as it does not deflect too much. If the wood is well dried to begin with you should be fine cutting it closer to dimension, then sticker and weight and allow to aclimate. I can't say I have ever tried this though. Because I have a stock of bracewood that has been in my shop for years. I try to buy and stock wood well in advance of using it(just makes it a non-issue). Generally though it does not take too long to aclimate small dimension wood that is well dried to begin with.

Peace,Rich

That is a tuff question. Wood in thinner dimension should aclimate quicker, as long as it does not deflect too much. If the wood is well dried to begin with you should be fine cutting it closer to dimension, then sticker and weight and allow to aclimate. I can't say I have ever tried this though. Because I have a stock of bracewood that has been in my shop for years. I try to buy and stock wood well in advance of using it(just makes it a non-issue). Generally though it does not take too long to aclimate small dimension wood that is well dried to begin with.

Peace,Rich

Thanks, Yea it should be, its from a luthier supplier. He keeps his humidty at the requesete 45-55%, so I'm probably too concerned. :D