Anyone Have Kent Armstrong Stv1 Pickups?

Acousticraft

I was given a Mahogany Strat body that is fitted with Kent Armstrong STV1 single coil pickups in exchange for doing a re fret on a friends guitar. There doesn't seem to be much info on Harmony Central or anywhere else. Has anyone got them or used them as I am curious whether they have the classic strat sound or not?

I am going to fit all the hardware to an Ash bodied strat that I am working on. I may get a neck as well as he thinks he has one as well.

This will be my first foray into a guitar with single coils and I am aware of noise with these. The cavities in the body were shielded with aluminium foil. Does this actually work or is copper the best bet?

Kent Armstrong single coils are by far there best pickups. I know the Texas ones are very good. There tweed ones are right up there to. I think you will get a good strat sound from them. I am not sure if having mahogany for your body will help you in getting that classic strat tone...

I know that alot of pickguards have the ali shielding but i am not sure about using it for the cavities...