Swirling Help

Angus89

Hellow all I know swirls have ben covered very extinsivley on the forum but none have covered the periticular problem I have I am trying to get a red swirl over a black base.So after I stir the red around a bit and go to dip it instead of geting a swirl I get a even coat of red over the whole thing so at first I thought I put to much red in so next time I put less in but had the same result only the red coating was fainter.I am using model masters enamel paint cause I cant find humbrols in my area and im using a rubber maid tub with borax.

The way a swirl works is by swirling the colors together.

That alone should give you a clue as to what you're doing wrong...

You're pouring a single color in your tub, and wondering why your guitar only comes out in a single color.

If you want a red-and-black swirl, those are the colors you need in your tub.

Or you could try red and a clear. That way, the base color (black) will show through where ever the clear is......

The way a swirl works is by swirling the colors together.

That alone should give you a clue as to what you're doing wrong...

You're pouring a single color in your tub, and wondering why your guitar only comes out in a single color.

If you want a red-and-black swirl, those are the colors you need in your tub.

Or you could try red and a clear. That way, the base color (black) will show through where ever the clear is......

Ok thanks man much aqpreciated