Mosrite Mkii Headstock

I am planning on building a replica of a Mosrite MKII, but I can't determine if the headstock is angled or not. From what I can tell from photos it appears that some Mosrite headstocks are angled, while others are flat. If the headstock is flat, how much is it "stepped down" in order to maintain enough string tension over the nut (zero fret). I am a guitar building rookie, and any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

id imagine that its angled since i dont see any string retainers

a good angle is 13 degrees and im pretty sure that thats an industry standard

TYM makes great Mosrite replicas. I've talked to him once of twice. Nice guy. I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict you are making a Johnny Ramone MKII clone? I'm a Ramones fan and have been jonesing for one, since the early 80s. I promised I'd build one, but never found the time. I still have a Green Meanie replica, in pieces, in the basement, to get back to.

TYM makes great Mosrite replicas. I've talked to him once of twice. Nice guy. I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict you are making a Johnny Ramone MKII clone? I'm a Ramones fan and have been jonesing for one, since the early 80s. I promised I'd build one, but never found the time. I still have a Green Meanie replica, in pieces, in the basement, to get back to.

Yep... you're right I'm a Ramones fan and will be modelling my guitar after Johnny's MKII. I thought I would try to build a guitar since I can't justify spending thousands on an original Mosrite or even one of the replicas that TYM is making. Nice guitars though; it's obvious that he knows his stuff and is a huge Ramones fan.

Yep... you're right I'm a Ramones fan and will be modelling my guitar after Johnny's MKII. I thought I would try to build a guitar since I can't justify spending thousands on an original Mosrite or even one of the replicas that TYM is making. Nice guitars though; it's obvious that he knows his stuff and is a huge Ramones fan.

Our rhythm guitarist has an actual Mosrite Ventures model, and I LOVE that thing. We've used it on recordings for our two albums, and it plays like a dream.