Hand Engraving Services For Musical Instruments

mgdesigns

I'm a newbie to this forum, but I am a hand engraver, and a gemstone cutter & jeweler. I have done custom Hand Engraving for the Gibson Custom Division (notably the "Statue of Liberty" Les Paul, note my avatar IS the headstock inlay for the same), as well as hand engraved parts for custom banjos by Huber, Heartland, and Bishline. I am interested in continuing this endeavor to other custom builders, and can quote prices for this service to your parts. I have local platers here in Nashville, TN that can do exquisite triple gold plating, nickel plating or stripping, re-plating and chroming as need be.

If anyone is interested in seeing examples of my workmanship, email me, and send out a photo sampler. I try to be quick, but speed is not the primary concern - A Great Look IS.

I usually digitize the parts to be hand engraved, so I can layout a preliminary design, then create a transfer to the metal, and hand engrave through it. That way I can send a copy of the idea to the customer for approval beforehand, and the customer knows what to expect, and there are no suprises. EXCEPT the Hand Engraved item looks even better than the drawing. VOILA!!

Email any requests.

And Thanks - I hope to hear from you soon.

email me: mgdesigns at yahoo dot com (is that cryptic enough?)

OH - Another note of interest: I was at the Guitar Center of Nashville, TN a few weeks ago, and lo & behold - The 2008 Calendar for Gibson Guitars Feature the hand engraved headstock I did for the 50th Anniversay Les Paul Custom. It is photographed and placed on the inside cover of the calendar, as well as the front of the display box.

Check it out: http://gc.guitarcenter.com/guitars/2008-gi...x.cfm?tabgray=2

Edited by mgdesigns

• 2 months later...
I'm a newbie to this forum, but I am a hand engraver, and a gemstone cutter & jeweler. I have done custom Hand Engraving for the Gibson Custom Division (notably the "Statue of Liberty" Les Paul, note my avatar IS the headstock inlay for the same), as well as hand engraved parts for custom banjos by Huber, Heartland, and Bishline. I am interested in continuing this endeavor to other custom builders, and can quote prices for this service to your parts. I have local platers here in Nashville, TN that can do exquisite triple gold plating, nickel plating or stripping, re-plating and chroming as need be.

If anyone is interested in seeing examples of my workmanship, email me, and send out a photo sampler. I try to be quick, but speed is not the primary concern - A Great Look IS.

I usually digitize the parts to be hand engraved, so I can layout a preliminary design, then create a transfer to the metal, and hand engrave through it. That way I can send a copy of the idea to the customer for approval beforehand, and the customer knows what to expect, and there are no suprises. EXCEPT the Hand Engraved item looks even better than the drawing. VOILA!!

Email any requests.

And Thanks - I hope to hear from you soon.

email me: mgdesigns at yahoo dot com (is that cryptic enough?)

OH - Another note of interest: I was at the Guitar Center of Nashville, TN a few weeks ago, and lo & behold - The 2008 Calendar for Gibson Guitars Feature the hand engraved headstock I did for the 50th Anniversay Les Paul Custom. It is photographed and placed on the inside cover of the calendar, as well as the front of the display box.

Check it out: http://gc.guitarcenter.com/guitars/2008-gi...x.cfm?tabgray=2