Epoxy?

deeboy

I am in the process of refinishing a guitar. I stripped the old paint off and I am down to a poly sealer. I filled most of the surface dings with liquid epoxy but I am having problems filling dings that are on the edges/corners between the front and side of the guitar. Should I try a putty type epoxy so I am able to mold an edge better? If so...any recommendations as to what brand? I plan on painting the guitar a solid color.

I am in the process of refinishing a guitar. I stripped the old paint off and I am down to a poly sealer. I filled most of the surface dings with liquid epoxy but I am having problems filling dings that are on the edges/corners between the front and side of the guitar. Should I try a putty type epoxy so I am able to mold an edge better? If so...any recommendations as to what brand? I plan on painting the guitar a solid color.

Fill with epoxy and cover with tape so it doesn't run out. When hardened, sand down. Done.

try bondo.. I've heard that bondo does wonders w/ refinishing guitars as opposed to epoxy, b/c epoxy when it is drying it tends to settle and run.. bondo will take care of that. you can find it at any automotive parts store :D

try bondo.. I've heard that bondo does wonders w/ refinishing guitars as opposed to epoxy, b/c epoxy when it is drying it tends to settle and run.. bondo will take care of that. you can find it at any automotive parts store :D

i hear bondo will loosen and fall out on wood

Never heard that before, stuff doesn't fall out of cars going down bumpy roads. Never had a problem with it.

i hear bondo will loosen and fall out on wood

Never heard that before, stuff doesn't fall out of cars going down bumpy roads. Never had a problem with it.

Then again...anybody have any wooden cars :D

I ended up using liquid epoxy for surface dings and Quickwood for dents on the edges. Let's see how it holds us to reranch spray cans.