My First Project

Hagey

im working on my first project guitar. im trying to convert my Gibson Gothic SG into the Ebony Stain SG special seen here..

gibson_sg_sp.jpg

so far so good. it looks like the Sg Special has Grover Deluxe Keystones. i wanned to go with the rotomatics instead. but im not sure what size to get? full, mid, or mini. im not even sure what the size of the grovers on the gothic sg are stock. anyone know?

Edited by Hagey

Somewhere like StewMac will have the specs on all the tuners they sell, and I believe they sell Rotomatics - I'd simply remove one of your tuners, measure the guitar for the appropriate hole size and any other pertinent measurements, then see what will fit on your guitar. I believe *all* the grovers, regardless of size are going to use a 10mm hole. I think the minis are a little more limited in the size of the headstock they'd fit in.

Apart from the Blue SG (far right), the others are all fitted with 'Kluson Deluxe' tuners as would be correct for type.

They have a 14:1 gear ratio, should be tulip shaped, single ring, buttons, They read "Kluson Deluxe" in a single row on the back.

These tuners require an 11/32" peg head hole.

Only the custom, a limited number of specials (discontinued in 1971) and some juniors were ever fitted with Grovers.

Apart from the Blue SG (far right), the others are all fitted with 'Kluson Deluxe' tuners as would be correct for type.

They have a 14:1 gear ratio, should be tulip shaped, single ring, buttons, They read "Kluson Deluxe" in a single row on the back.

These tuners require an 11/32" peg head hole.

Only the custom, a limited number of specials (discontinued in 1971) and some juniors were ever fitted with Grovers.

and the gothic sg and probly the gothic les paul too