Custom Alexi Build

Which is a great reason to do the pine board mockup! He can cut each outside bevel at different angles and pick the one he likes the most. Think about it, front and back, there's four different test angles. That's a lot of selection to choose from once they're all cut!

If you've got some good guitar stores around you, Conflagration, take a busines card and slice it down the middle, halfway. Take it to a store that has a Flying V, hold one edge of the slice against the body, and fold the other slice at the exact angle of the body. Take that home as your measurement.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm carving out the bevels of my V right now, as a matter of fact. I'm using a half-round file to carve out the bulk and get it close to my depth lines, then wrap the same file in sandpaper to sand it in final. The curved, inside edges are still giving me a bit of trouble, but it'll come out well.

Remember to do the bevels on the back, just in case :D You never know!

I'm pretty pumped about my build; I want to be pumped about others'. Let's see pics!