Fender Bridges, Vintage & Modern Spacing

I'm planning on starting a new hardtail strat project and have decided on a bridge to use (mainly because it's so cool looking): http://guitarpartsresource.com/0032909000.jpg

It says this bridge has a string spacing of: 2 3/16"

Now, I know vintage bridges have a spacing of 2 1/4", and modern are usually 2 1/8".

My question is, how will this affect which neck I choose? Can any of these bridges be used with standard strat replacement necks? Thanks.

My question is, how will this affect which neck I choose? Can any of these bridges be used with standard strat replacement necks? Thanks.

No. You really have to make sure your neck is wide enough for the wider-spacing of the bridge. Otherwise you'll have a hard time keeping your E strings on the frets.

A neck built to MIM/Squier specs requires a narrower bridge --in fact, I had a hard time finding a bridge to work with the MIM neck I had.

So my advice is buy the neck first, then buy the bridge to match. It's easier that way.