Maple Veneer Screw Holes

devikit

Hey I'm doing my first veneer job and i was just looking for some opinions on how to mark out and cut/drill the screw holes (and volume/tone pot holes) through the veneer. I am using a 0.6mm maple veneer on an ibanez RG7321 body.

The volume/tone pot holes and perhaps the screw holes for the pickup selector could perhaps be drilled or cut from the back of the body as they go right through, but I'm not sure about the screw holes for the bridge.

Thanks in advance, Ross.

Hey I'm doing my first veneer job and i was just looking for some opinions on how to mark out and cut/drill the screw holes (and volume/tone pot holes) through the veneer. I am using a 0.6mm maple veneer on an ibanez RG7321 body.

The volume/tone pot holes and perhaps the screw holes for the pickup selector could perhaps be drilled or cut from the back of the body as they go right through, but I'm not sure about the screw holes for the bridge.

Thanks in advance, Ross.

Put painters tape,or any tape, on the front and back, sence your drilling thru,mark the spots on the tape.Put your drill at a low speed,and go slow thru the wood.when you get close to breaking thru,take it real slow.You are using a drill press?The tape will control tear out.I would go thru the front.I'am sure there are some bits that are better then others ,maybe someone will have a better way.So wait for more info.