First Video

Mickguard

So I made my first video today....I posted it on my myspace page Mickey Zero , it's on youtube though ( HERE)...brand new song, wrote the poem this morning, programmed the Electribes, and away we go...

There's also a new song with more of the type of guitar "work" I like to do...it's the one called "We have the feeling" ...it's down toward the bottom of the list...some of the best feedback I've ever done...especially when you get to around 4:15 or so...it's a long song....I might make a video for it too...

My guitar teacher told me today that he's kind of stumped about where to go next with me, says that's never happened to him before...heh heh.

Anyway, this is what I've been up to, while I'm taking a nice long break from building...

oh yeah, I have a drummer to work with now, that's gonna change things up...if all goes well, we should be able to gig these songs pretty soon.

Heh...I love rockabilly...listen to it for hours on end...the cramps too....although I'd never have made that connection with these tunes... ;-D

I think a rockabilly vibe would work really good with your style of vocials.If you try it ,please post it.It's got that vibe for sure.

Hey, Mick if you like rockabilly check out Deke Dickerson.....he has alot of you tube videos and puts on shows,old school style.Really retro stuff,but very cool.

Listening to him right now...but I prefer the originals, the revival stuff is all too polite and virtuoso/technical for my tastes. Some of the original 50s stuff is really raw.

Have a listen to some of the stuff Alan Vega did in the early 80s...especially Collision Drive...it's basically a cross between Suicide and rockabilly.

Oh yeah, I met my wife at a rockabilly party in Chicago! I was the only one without a DA...

Mick,I just went and listened to Alan Vega's stuff.I have to say I like yours better.Your tone and pause are much finer to me.It's not really my kind of music....but I can get into yours,and have no problem lisening to it.I am going to go out on a limb and say you probably like the movie Crash.For some reason I think it is a really cool movie.If you have not seen it ,you should.