Nitro On Plastic-coating

I'm posting this one here too (it's already in the finishing section) hoping to reach a wider audience...

Hello,

I'm in the middle of my first paint job (build number 2), spraying nitro from rattle cans. And I have to say that I'm liking the results so far.

For my first build (all-mahogany carved body) I rubbed-on 50% thinned Plastic-Coating, without any pore filling for an oil-like effect.

I'm now considering refinishing this one to something more protective and durable, like commercial all-mahogany electrics usually sport.

Iwill be sanding the current finish off, but I can't do anything with what's inside the pores. So, questions for the more experienced finishers here:

- Will a pore-filler like Rustin's work at all with some plastic-coating in the pores ??

- Suppose I don't fill the pores at all, will nitro still adhere well to the sanded wood AND the pores with some of the original finish still inside ??

Thanks for the help.