The Triumphant Return Of The Locust

Alright, let me start by apologizing to everyone who was interested in the locust for making them wait, but I have a bit of an excuse. My family, (My father, my sister and I) were in a pretty nasty car crash up in NH. I walked away without any injuries (miraculously) but my father shattered his knee cap, and my sister broke her collar bone. Anyway, I've been very busy, and preoccupied with many new responsibilities, as my dad was laid out. He's only now getting back on is feet and driving after almost 2 months. At the same time, my school year has been wrapping up, so with AP tests and term papers I've been very busy, and has no time to come on the forum.

But anyway, I still have all the locust I had when I first advertised it, and I can take orders now from anyone who is still interested, or newly interested if they haven't been following the thread. Well, if you haven't been following the thread, you can find out all about it here. http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...c=34780&hl=

Thanks everyone, and sorry about the wait.

• 3 months later...
Alright, let me start by apologizing to everyone who was interested in the locust for making them wait, but I have a bit of an excuse. My family, (My father, my sister and I) were in a pretty nasty car crash up in NH. I walked away without any injuries (miraculously) but my father shattered his knee cap, and my sister broke her collar bone. Anyway, I've been very busy, and preoccupied with many new responsibilities, as my dad was laid out. He's only now getting back on is feet and driving after almost 2 months. At the same time, my school year has been wrapping up, so with AP tests and term papers I've been very busy, and has no time to come on the forum.

But anyway, I still have all the locust I had when I first advertised it, and I can take orders now from anyone who is still interested, or newly interested if they haven't been following the thread. Well, if you haven't been following the thread, you can find out all about it here. http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...c=34780&hl=

Thanks everyone, and sorry about the wait.

Wow, I must seem to be the biggest flake, promising locust and not delivering. However, I have now finally got my shop set up, and I'm ready to start cutting blanks. If anyone from before is still interested in some cheap, interesting wood, send me a message. If you're just reading this for the first time now, I'll do a little background.

I live in a big stand of black locust trees. several of which have fallen down, and been sectioned by me. There's enough wood to make many neck blanks, and countless neck laminate strips. If anyone is interested, shoot me a message. Once again, I am very sorry to everyone who never got any locust that I said I would send. It's quality stuff though. The grain is very straight, with a nice edge.

Oh, and how did I forget. I also have a decent size stash of red cedar for neck laminate strips, some chunks of maple and burled chestnut, and some red oak I need to section if anybody wants some. I think I have a few pieces of maple long enough for necks, though they may be bordering on spalted. Ill have more pictures of the locust and cedar up tomorow.