Mahogany/maple/bloodwood Tele

So I bought this telecaster body a while ago. It's this cool mahogany thing with bloodwood laminate strips. Needless to say i've screwed it up beyond recognition, literally. With my zero experience at the time I bought it, i ruined it pretty bad. At the same time i go the body, I bought a spalted maple 1/4" top set that i never used. My plan is now to retop the tele with the maple, get new hardware and pickups and turn the poor little guy into a nice instrument I can sell (I need the money pretty bad). I'm not posting any pictures 'till I get some progress, 'cause it's really, really embarassing right now. Of course, before the build, I have a few questions left about setup that I figured would be good to pose here.

1). To chamber or not to chamber: it's heavy as hell already, and I think it could be very cool as a semi hollow. Any thoughts?

2). Pickups: traditional tele or something else? I'm going with vintage style pickups either way, so basically the question is humbuckers or single coils, or both, and in what order.

Thanks.