New Jigsaw, 10 Times Easier To Cutout A Body Than My Old One

bluesy

I just started a new build - a Tele style guitar, and immediately broke 2 jigsaw blades trying to cut the 45mm thick body shape. So I went down to the hardware store for blades.

However, I also looked at the new power jigsaws because mine is over 30 years old, and is making some nasty sounds :D I was surprised at what was on offer, especially a 'new' feature called "pendulum action" and "orbital". Instead of just reciprocating the blade up and down like my old one, it moves it forwards and backwards "pendulum" style. Also a big 750 watt motor version was still quite cheap. So I bought it.

Well, WHAT a difference. It slices through the 45mm slab like butter. As an experiment, I tried the various settings for more or less "pendulum" action. On zero, it struggles, just like my old jigsaw, but the more action you give it, the faster it shoots through the hardwood.

The downside is that I have much less justification for buying a bandsaw later :D

I just started a new build - a Tele style guitar, and immediately broke 2 jigsaw blades trying to cut the 45mm thick body shape. So I went down to the hardware store for blades.

However, I also looked at the new power jigsaws because mine is over 30 years old, and is making some nasty sounds :D I was surprised at what was on offer, especially a 'new' feature called "pendulum action" and "orbital". Instead of just reciprocating the blade up and down like my old one, it moves it forwards and backwards "pendulum" style. Also a big 750 watt motor version was still quite cheap. So I bought it.

Well, WHAT a difference. It slices through the 45mm slab like butter. As an experiment, I tried the various settings for more or less "pendulum" action. On zero, it struggles, just like my old jigsaw, but the more action you give it, the faster it shoots through the hardwood.

The downside is that I have much less justification for buying a bandsaw later :D

Yeah some jig saws cut pretty fast and nice I barely ever use them though. The badsaws much easier ad more useful and it's cheap to get one used or even new if you don't care about resawing.