Pickup Replacement On A Semi Hollow

Hey, I have an Epiphone Sheraton and I've had it for awhile but I feel that the bridge pickup kinda blows. I think I am going to put a GFS Memphis in there. I've never done it before, and I have heard that it's a huge pain in the ass. I just found this video:

but I have heard that it's much harder than that (taking all of the junk out through the f-holes).

Would what the guy is doing in that video work?

That 'guy' is Dan Erlewine...big-time expert in guitar repair and building. So if he says it's okay, that's the way to do it.

There's really no need at all to yank out the pots, if you're not planning on replacing them. Save yourself the hassle.

Actually I'm planning to switch out the pups on my new Hofner Verythin this week, and that's how I'll be doing it. Wish I had shrink tape though, it would make it easier.

Actually I'm planning to switch out the pups on my new Hofner Verythin this week, and that's how I'll be doing it. Wish I had shrink tape though, it would make it easier.

Don't know what it's like on that side of the Atlantic, but in the states, it's readily available at most automotive stores.

Don't know what it's like on that side of the Atlantic, but in the states, it's readily available at most automotive stores.

Nothing is readily available here (sigh). But I'll have a look, you never know.