Adding A Veneer To A Hardtail Guitar

Long time luker, first time poster!

Im starting a project as soon as all the stuff I need gets here, but I have a few questions especially concerning the tools I need. Im planning on taking an Ibanez RG7321, Filling the neck pickup cavity, tone knob, and 5 way switch holes, adding a Burl Ash veneer (1/42"), and then staining and tung oiling it. I was looking at this tutorial http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/tht1.htm thinking I could do that to fill the pickup cavity. But what is the best glue/filler to use? I've heard epoxy, I've heard wood glue and then Epoxy based wood filler for the rest, i've heard fiberglass. For someone who has never done this before, and is adding a veneer too. What would be the easiest way and most of all give the best results.

When I go to drill the holes in the veneer for the bridge, how should I measure that? Make a template of the guitar and go from there? And finally, what is the best thing to pull out the furrels or do I even need to do that? Please forgive my Noob questions, i've never done this before.