Question About Leds

hey there

i'm planning to do a little project that involves placing a bunch of LEDs under a piece of perspex that has some designed so that the design will light up.

so my question is: is it better to use (1) colored LEDs and a clear perspex OR (2) a colored piece of perspex with white LEDs to get a brighter and more uniform light up? the entire design is the same color.

any input/ other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

thanks

hey there

i'm planning to do a little project that involves placing a bunch of LEDs under a piece of perspex that has some designed so that the design will light up.

so my question is: is it better to use (1) colored LEDs and a clear perspex OR (2) a colored piece of perspex with white LEDs to get a brighter and more uniform light up? the entire design is the same color.

any input/ other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

thanks

If you dont want the electronics to be seen then you would want coloured perspex or use frosted perspex. Painting with clear paint onto the perspex would give you more freedom in your design. It depends what you want really. I think you will need to give some more information and a picture of the design you want.