Linny - First One (sort Of)

Hello, new guy here i thought i would share what i am hoping to do over the next few months.

This will be my first guitar from scratch, in my teens i worked in a guitar shop and i repaired thousands of guitars over that time. I have no problem fretting, making nuts, electronics, setting up etc. This will be more of a test in my woodworking and patience :D

I still have all my tools too.

I used adobe Illustrator to draw a rough shape of a PRS and i put my own twist on. I made it slightly smaller overall, longer horns and a little more offset. I printed in onto 4 x A4, stuck it together and put it on to some 18mm MDF.

Here is what i came up with:

_MG_6557.jpg

I made cavity my cover triangular in shape to make it easy for myself.

_MG_6554.jpg

_MG_6552.jpg

I also made a template for routing the truss rod. This fit an 18mm guide bush perfectly and i can use my Hotrod router bit that i still had from years ago.

I also purchased a hum-bucker template from one of the guys on the UK guitars builders forum.

I am stuck at this position while i look for a decent body blank. I think i will use either mahogany or Limba if i can get it.

Finish will probably be an oil one, i don't have the space to think about spraying a finish at the moment. Space is limited to outside when the weather is nice.

Anyone know the best place in the UK to supply a 1 piece or 2 piece body of mahogany or limba?

Edited by Linny