Need Some Acoustic 12-string Help

Asherman

Annoyingly, for a guitar player i have very small hands and this makes using 12 string guitars a bit of... well... a handful (pun, suprisingly not intended) as most 12 strings i've tried have thicker necks than 6 strings.

Can anyone give me some information on 12 string acoustic guitars with thinner necks (£300-£500 price range)

ew2012asent1201.gif

Could anyone give a a quick or long (depending on how much you love helping) review of this... i cant find a decent one anywhere. Also, the neck looks pretty thin on this, but i've not tried out yet (obviously, otherwise i wouldn't need a review) so if ayone can confirm it has a thinner than usual neck, that would be greatly helpful.

Thankyou

(sorry for the similar post to one below, i don't know how to edit topic titles or delete topics / posts)

You may be out of luck with a 12. There may be something about more in line with an electric 12 string but generally a 12 needs that extra space to allow the pairs of strings to vibrate freely and still allow space enough between pairs to finger chords. Electric 12's with lighter strings tend to be a little easier to find and work.

There is also a lot of tension on a 12 string neck and a cheap one is often something to be wary off...it needs to be built to take the strain and not warp over time...something to consider anyway.

pete