My Current Build.

How do you do to leave that flat edge around the carved top?? I meant, how to make it look that clean?? I tried that on my PRS and Caparison projects and couldn't do it...

I'm not sure if I understand what you're asking...

The way I do the carving is a succession of several steps.

First, with the edge follower adapter on the router, I route a square lip (8mm wide) around the body to leave a clean, even thickness of maple at the edges (I use 6mm).

After that I route a round channel, 1.5-2mm deep, all around and slightly towards the center of the body. So the edges are some 4mm flat, then they dip a couple of mm, and they go up again to the full thickness of the top.

Next step is to cut the angle of the top. I have used 17-19mm tops so far, and I slant the top from right in front of the bridge to the horns. I usually leave 3-4mm of maple (above faux-binding level) at the horn's tip.

You can see pics of these pre-carving steps in the link to my sixth build in my sig.

After that I cut the neck pocket and pickup cavities, and then I carve.

Hope it helps.

He might be saying you can. But I would have to disagree. There's no way you could get that sharp curve at the bottom with a spokeshave. I love'em mind you, but the right tool for the job is important.

Yes, I'm curious too !!!

But for the deep carve at the waists I don't think there are many alternatives to the french-curve scraper...

it could be done witha convex one but personally i'd just use a 4 or 5 inch grinder with a rough sanding disc, doing it my hand sounds novel but unless you really take your time and know what ur doing i think you would be up a certain metaphorical river quick