First Build Prs Style

Finally took care of buisness....

Got er done.....

Got er strung up wired up and playing....

Im really happy with my work.....

Plays very nice.... I'd say better than my strat or paul.

Deffinatly sounds better than either as well....(which isnt a big surprise considering my other guitars werent purpose built for the style of music I play)

Im a HUGE fan of stainless steel frets.... it's like skating on ice vs rollerblading on gravel.........

the small mistake i made on the neck carve is a non issue.... cant even tell it's there..... so that feels awsome....

not really a big fan of the preamp..... with high gain stuff it really just adds noise....I thnk i'll remove it in intrest of a clean cavity.... perhaps I didnt do a very good job with the cavity sheilding... but i can sit next to a computer monitor with zero buzz..... so who knows....

magnets to hold the cavity plate on are working like a freaking charm.....

Here are some update photo's.

guitar3.jpg

guitar2.jpg

guitar1.jpg

Im short some pickup rings.....

Sadly I wanted to use these ones cuz they're black and shiny.... but of course... they're way too thin and look redicluous.... and they've got differant mounting holes than any other ones i can get so imna just have to make some custom ones outta wenge......

and my nut isnt glued in yet.... couldnt force myself to put the danm thing down long enough to finish with the nut and glue er in....

Really nice work, and I love the woods you used.

Dont take this the wrong way, but you really could to take some better pictures and filter thru them before posting. These dont do your work justice at all. Im not saying im a great photographer at all. I need to do the same. But im finding that good process pics can really make the build process beautiful in itself for your audience. I figure you might as well if youre taking the time to share at all. Just one mans opinion.

Really nice guitar tho.

Still working on some pro pics... proly have the G/F do em.....

perhaps i'll wait till the pickup rings are done.

In the mean time I swapped some thicker strings onto the guitar.... Actually only swapped over the 3 wound strings. I like the unwould strings from the lighter set... was running .009 to .046 tuned down to drop C. she got a little flakey on the last 2 bass srings so I was hoping to tighten things up a little. swaped in .010 to .052.

Got a little more girth than i was barganing for.... danm thing feels like the strings are HUGE..... but it's tighter than... well... we'll leave the "how tight is it" reference out for now.... but yeah... it's tight....

I may have to resort to a custom set something like a .009 to .048 or .050

maybe i just need to get used to the new set.