Getting Ready For Build #1

So ... it's been over a year since my last post, so here's why ... I went on vacation and came back only to get laid off from my job of 13 years. Wound up packing up the family and moving back to NY, where I've finally managed to get settled into a new job and new place to live. Followed up that by experiencing the snowiest month in Long Island history (after living 21 years in South Florida) and now FINALLY it's starting to warm up a bit. That's the exciting personal stuff .. now for guitar stuff.

Wife got me a Skil 3100-12 workbench for my birthday, and I just picked up a router insert for it along with a router and a jigsaw. Tomorrow I'll be picking up some 1/4" plywood to transfer the Jazz Bass template to it on the next nice weekend, and then I'll be picking up some wood to get started on the build.

Sent an order to "Fretboard Extravaganza" here, but no response and with the lack of activity on that thread I'm not so sure they're still around.

Hopefully more updates soon :D

Evan