Double Neck Prototype

Blazer

i'm supposed to be starting one in the new year too... although its been postponed a few time already.

It will most likely be a bass/12-string through neck kinda thing. my biggest concern is working on something so large - so the idea is to make the through necks wide enough (just a hair wider than bridge and pickups) so that i can get them working well on there own before glueing it all together and work out final dimensions/angles of the wings and centre section by laying out the completed necks.

mine will have two seperate outputs as it would never be played through the same amp anyway

When I saw Genesis play live 2 years ago Mike Rutherford was playing his Chandler made Gibson 12/ Yamaha TRB bass double neck through seperate amps as well.

350px-Mike_rutherford1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well you guys it has been a while since I updated this thread but things have been crazy with both my job and with my band. Anyway, I just got this one back from the guy who was painting it for me.

Doubleneck1.jpg

Doubleneck2.jpg

Doubleneck3.jpg

I asked for a vintage Fender cream color, like the strats that Yngwie Malmsteen plays, I got my wish.

Now all I need to do is assemble it.

This should be a very cool build.

Im gearing up for a double neck myself, never done one before. should be a nice challenge

Hey lets get a whole bunch of us doin them & then do a DNGOTM (Double Neck Guitar Of The Month) when thers about 8-10 of them ready to go ! ha ha ha.

HAHA sounds good i'll have to start one.