Help With Making A Custom Pickguard

hi, im wondering how i would go about making a custom pickguard, for example say i have a strat pickguard and it has humbucker pickup routes already, how would i go about making a copy that had p90 routes ?

ive thought about a few ways of doing this but none of them seem practical.

yeah i had that in mind, whats troubling me is basically making the cutout for the p90 as i dont have a template for it and lining it up so that the pole pieces are as lined up as i can get them with the strings, even if p90 templates are available whats the best way to make a reusable template from a strange pickup size ?

i have tried measuring and plotting it out but i always end up too loose or too tight and i was trying to get a nice finish.

btw im not using p90's thats just an example, im having trouble with other pickups.

its pretty easy i made a double humbucker strat pickgaurd a while back and what i did was

first i started with a standard strat pickgaurd i had already made i strarted buy doing the typical copy of a template but i only cut out the out side (not pickup holes) then i laid a pick gaurd on top of that and makred all the pickup mounting screw holes then i drew a line through them (well the second and third the first doesnt line up because its angled) i used those lines to center the humbucker holes i used a humbucker mounting ring to get the right size hole then cut it out. bam new pick gaurd template.