Going Boldly Where I Never Have Gone Before

Long time viewer, first time poster. I know it's not the best subject to attempt this on, but I've never been one to do things the easy way,

especially on the first attempt. Just doing this in an apartment is a challenge in itself. Hope it helps someone else along the way. Pray that I

finish it properly. :D

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2273...mp;l=d1dd13330f

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On the homestretch now. The neck is done, only waiting for hardware installation. The body is awaiting the final clear coats before polishing.

It will still be around December until I get all my parts in for it (pickups, pots, etc.).

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

A quick reminder of what this guitar started as. Follow the Facebook link to watch the progress.

31841_1195143297780_1804390904_381341_3105127_n.jpg

Edited by plinky

• 3 weeks later...

A quick mock up to check progress. Screwed up the burst and had to sand and start all over.

Managed to get some clear on the body finally.

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

Should get the rest of the hardware ordered this weekend. Gonna try a DiMarzio Tone Zone in the

bridge and a Virtual Vintage solo in the neck & mid positions. I want to try something a little less

bright than the Cruisers and Jeff Beck I normally use.

A quick mock up to check progress. Screwed up the burst and had to sand and start all over.

Managed to get some clear on the body finally.

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

Should get the rest of the hardware ordered this weekend. Gonna try a DiMarzio Tone Zone in the

bridge and a Virtual Vintage solo in the neck & mid positions. I want to try something a little less

bright than the Cruisers and Jeff Beck I normally use.

I recently added a Dimarzio "Chopper" to the neck position of a couple of guitars that also have a Tone Zone in the bridge and I'm very happy with the tone of the "Chopper"... articulate and smooth.

I recently added a Dimarzio "Chopper" to the neck position of a couple of guitars that also have a Tone Zone in the bridge and I'm very happy with the tone of the "Chopper"... articulate and smooth.

The Chopper isn't far off from the Cruiser in that they are scooped tonally. I want to try something that's more mid range, and the Virtual Solo is just that. I'm still not totally sure about the Tone

Zone either. It's kind of a toss up between that and a Breed. I had one of those in a Strat I built and I really liked it too. So many pickups, so little money. ;D

• 4 weeks later...

Into the tweaking stages, but this project is, for the most part, done. Definitely learned a lot from this project (and this forum - thanks a bunch).

The bridge & neck need some shimming for lower action, but it plays pretty good out of the gate. The pickups sound great so far (Breed bridge,

Virtual Vintage solos). Should have it gig ready by next week.

IMG_1484.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg