Minnesota Guitar 2

So the other day I decided the first Minnesota guitar I built just wasn't working, there were things I skipped out on due to shortage of money and it was built entirely from parts I took off other guitars (I was given about 3 guitars within 2 weeks by people at my school who didn't play anymore). The guitar in itself works great but I am looking for something with a bit more. I was looking through my wood racks and found a lot of ash I forgot I had and a huge chunck of black walnut, along with many projects I started and never finished like 5 acoustics, a gibson style v and a strat. So here is what this guitar will be.

Body: White Ash

Neck: bolt on 5 piece maple, black walnut, hickory, black walnut, maple.

Fretboard: Black Walnut, 24 Jumbo frets

Scale length: Whatever Gibson uses (24 5/8th inch I think)

Pickups: Haven't decided yet, either a Seymour Duncan blackout, Fullshred, or an Invader humbucker

Electronics: 1 vol, 1 tone and fully shielded

Finish: Similar to what Muzz did in his "Pointy Stick" build by filling the grain with black stain and then a color over it. I won't be using blue though but instead a two tone tobacco burst type finish.

Truss rod: Handmade dual action rod

Bridge: Floyd Rose or an Ibanez ZR tremolo if I can find one that's cheap.

Tuners: Schaller or Gotoh, haven't fully decided

Here are some pictures of the wood.

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

This is the original MN guitar.

guitar013.jpg

This build will probably be like Muzz's "Pointy Stick" build in the amount of time it takes but not quite as long. :D

You have more wood storage space than I have workspace!

Yeah that's only part of it. I had almost double that in there last summer but got kicked out of the garage and now store the rest in my shop which is pretty small as it is.

I will be starting this up officially tomorow.

Edited by Juntunen Guitars

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...