Music Man Petrucci Clone

I heard from Kevin Warmoth in Melvyn Hiscock's book that birdseye maple is not good for maple. Cool build though!

Just a quick clarification, birdseye is basically a random 'defect' in the wood structure and grain. It looks good but is supposedly a pain to carve (lots of sanding after, just like all figured wood) and makes it less stable, therefore a birdseye neck is more likely to crack than a regular, unfigured maple neck and the more 'eye the weaker it becomes so you don't want to much, you need to find a balance (at least thats what the guys at Peavey say). That's probably what he was talking about.

Next I'd like to say DAAAANNNNNNGGGGG you're good Jimmy. Both of your first 2 look sick. I kinda liked the purple more than the green but that's just me. Green is more unique I guess. are you doing the headstock this time too? And do you have the templates on your PC? I'd kinda like a copy of them for future use cuz yours looks almost exactly like a real one (other than the 'flatter' not as concave arm rest)

I'd love it if it looked as good as the real thing. Actually, I wish it was still the blue/green. Now it kinda looks like vomit. Live and learn... I do not have any drawings or scaled measurments of the guitar other than what I've posted above. Right now, it's just sitting. I wonder if that's going to be the fate of all of my guitars. They can't compete with my 'real' guitars. I like to think I'm making guitar replicas right now. Maybe one day. I've got another piece of black limba that I can't wait to turn into... well, another learning experience. Oh, the learning curve.

That crap aside, I hope the necks stand the test of time. It's truly beautiful wood. Ken Warmoth says they're okay. He knows far more than I. If you've got any specific questions about dimensions, I'd be more than happy to try and help. Jimmy