Router Tearout Repair

Hi all,

I attached the fretboard to the neck and used a template cutter against the fretboard to make the neck flush. On one small part I had a bit of tearout and I was wondering what the best way to repair it is. I still have to shape the neck so I'm hoping there will only be a tiny bit of the reapair on show when I'm done. I was thinking maybe glue and maple dust as it will be a natural finish. Any other ideas?

The quality of the pic is terrible but it took me 5 attempts to get it this good! I think you can see what I mean though.

<script src='http://img291.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=tearout.jpg' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript>tearout.jpg</noscript>

We have no iea what side the FB will be attched to that board. Not that the pict is really showing anything but a huge mistake and not a chip.

If the FB in the far side of the picture I wouls just shape the neck and forget about it. Since I cant tell if the near side is the FB side it may need to be fixed.

Hi Woodenspoke, thanks for the reply. The fretboard is already attached (maple board) and is at the top of the piece in the pic. The router tore out a chunk underneath the fretboard and you can see a small piece of the bottom of the fretboard. Hope this makes it a bit clearer.

Sorry again for the crappy mobile phone pic.

What I would do is try and find the bit that tore off and reglue it back or you might if you are lucky loose alot of that mistake when you profile the back of the neck and carry the carve way onto the fretboard if you get the jist of it. If its a 1st attempt it shouldn't matter that much as I would keep it as a trophy in my workshop and keep looking at it so you will be looking at it and keep saying to yourself take extra care. Chances are bro that you will not make this mistake again as its a learning curve and we have all done it. If it makes you feel at ease I have been in the game for well over 30 years and I still get mishaps but mine is just down to not paying attention when I should, hope it helps.