New Strat

Hi there;

About a year ago or so I was itching for a new build as I had done 2 previous "experiments" the 2 years before and decided to make a copy of my favorite guitar. A Stratocaster !!!

I'm not a vintage gear kind of player but there is just something about the Strat that drives me nuts and I'm sure many here can identify with the feeling :wink:

Anyway. So I decided to build me a Pine Wood Strat to test the "tonal Caracteristics" of this often neglected wood and after looking all over and being torn into this or a different tone wood. I came across Mr. Ron Kirn's fantastic web site. The tutorial on making a Spruce strat just made my mind up.

So after a year of preparing and getting a few tools here and there along with the required hardware, I present to you;

"Anna Lee"

annaleesmall1.th.jpg

annaleesmall2.th.jpg

annaleesmall4.th.jpg

annaleesmall3.th.jpg

BODY; Valsain Pine Wood, a local variety of Pinus Sylvestris .L That comes from a local Forest in the Valsain area of Madrid. Somehow it is famous for the quality of its Pine Trees whatever that might mean.

NECK; A GF neck as I have a slab of Tiger striped Maple but lack a couple tools to make the fretting and neck in general, but those will come before the summer and then the neck building will be begin.

Pick Ups; GF Vintage Strat Pick ups.

Bridge; GF Standard with Bronze block.

Tuners; Wilkinson bought in GF.

Finish; Shellac sanded to a satin feel and then waxed on with a mix of Bee`s and Carnauba wax.

Here is a short sound test I made of the guitar while I get a "real tune" done;

Anna Lee Sound Test

Thanks for looking and Mr Ron Kirn and many others for the inspiration.

Next up?

Another build but what woods should I use?