2nd Build, Mostly Complete

Nice build. How's that EM6000 odor wise? Is it as bad as nitro? Working on gatering materials for build #1 at the moment and haven't thought about finishing. I've refinished a couple of guitars with nitro and would like a more user-friendly option and this looks promising.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, this thing is finally done...

Whalehazard Sentinel

This is my second build, my take on an LP shape...lots of new techniques and mistakes to learn from. This a chambered maple body with a cherry top and cherry neck, rosewood fretboard. The maple and rosewood accents on the top are a result of the cherry pieces being not quite wide enough, and a giant dent I made when I glued the top on. Curly maple binding on neck and headstock, curly maple with black and white accents on the body. The inlay is gold MOP and blue pearloid. Fretboard inlays are abalone and brass. Target Coatings EM6000 finish, which is great to use, but I'm still not happy with the durability. Prone to denting...damn. Well, this one's mine, so it's a player anyway. My guitars get a lot of abuse on stage and on the road. Anyway, excited to have one to post here. Tell me what you think!

24 3/4 scale

22 frets

12" radius

1 5/8" nut width

Schaller 3d6 nontrem roller bridge

Stew-Mac Golden Age humbucker

Gotoh tuners

DSC_0321.jpg

DSC_0296.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg

DSC_0356.jpg

DSC_0270.jpg