Hello To All! (And My Little Re-Build Project)

Hi all!

After months of picking up information from this site and the forum I've decided to officially join. I have to say this place is an invaluable source of information - but I guess you all already know that :)

I'm sinking deeper and deeper into this guitar building addiction. Started half a year a go with a simple refinish (and refret) of a cheap guitar I had lying around, now I'm in the middle of adding flame maple veneer to another one, plus doing some other projects. I've started documenting one here:

http://cmsguitar.blogspot.com

cms_guitar.jpg

this features a successful application of the "removing fretboard" tutorial and my recent inlay attempts among other things. Comments, hints welcome! :)

At this point I don't really have anything to put in a build thread, unless someone is interested in a warped pine board and some old furniture scraps being converted into a solidbody nylon string neck-thu with minimal usage of power tools (as I have no place for a workshop in my appartament, the most complex tools I'm using are a Black&Decker Dremel clone and a RoboSander in a drill stand). That's my attempt to learn basic woodworking skills before I begin to cut real wood:

532780_3792191655807_2085002408_n.jpg?dl=1

Edited by pan_kara
  • 3 weeks later...