My Crimson Guitar 2-Weeks Build

Hey all,

last November I went to Crimson Guitars for a 2 Week Guitar Building course, mainly to focus on Inlay, Binding and Carved top.

The Guys over there were awsome. The whole course was filled with positive vibes, creativity and so much knowlage.

Here is the outcome of my 2 Weeks. I am really happy, only the Headstock layout needs to be tweaked ever so slightly to be perfect.

DSC_0128.thumb.JPG.e3a9522c18c6bec6397afb82d4c3b20e.JPG

Carved top with english walnut and some black epoxy in the cracks. Body is Sapele, Neck also Sapele with Walnut Strips from the same log.

Crimson custom wound humbuckers and hipshot hardware.

DSC_0129.thumb.JPG.ab79f5ab59cfea5a57f42a5c4f7f89d4.JPG

Did my first Inlay really simple, but really happy with the outcome, also we did walnut binding with maple veneer for that little extra contrast, have some for my next build with me at home now.

DSC_0131.thumb.JPG.d9a9208415e9601570ab369ed5c1c3a7.JPG

Also did an Inlay from an offcut of the fretboard on the headstock, my Initials PS, and as you can see the string pull is slighly off on the base side, since i freehand the headstock shape and went a little to narrow.

If you have any question AMA.

Cheers

Alucard

• Like 2