Home made fret slotting jig

Asdrael

Well, I am still pondering what to build next so I did a jig. A fret slotting jig to be exact, based on a youtube video I found with a concept very similar to the high end 150€ systems:

The only issue is that the video refers to ressources that have been taken offline. So I had to redraw the plan and fuck it up once before it got functional. But I managed. Here is the box with the result:

IMG_20231029_012406391.thumb.jpg.b39fb0d29d2f8a0020327f46356ce4ee.jpg

And here is the upgraded version using stabilizers (left over from an Ikea wardrobe with fell glued on it):

IMG_20231105_221235533.thumb.jpg.593d0f02530054538fcf476596e313a8.jpg

For the pin, I use a nail. I will laser cut the templates once I pinpoint the radius of the slot for the pin precisely.

All in all, this costs around 20€ and 2hours. I know the template will cost me around 3€ per scale length including cutting since I have a laser available, but I could simply order templates online and use the right size pin.

Is there any interest in the schematics? I could probably make them rather fast in .dxf if it helps people.

• Like 1