Polishing frets

I saw some youtube's 'bout polishing frets with a dremel and polishing compound.
It all looked good, so I also took my dremel and went for it.
But .....

My question here is: if I have to keep polishing for reason that my frets stay filty, almost black, what did I do wrong?
Too much compound? (not according to youtube!

Only by going over the frets with a fibercloth, after the dremel-polishing, they become shiny.
Someone?

When polishing metals it’s common that you need to clean up compound residues. How much, depends on many variables; the compound you use, what kind of polishing is wheel you have and so on. What you could try is to start with a slower speed and see how that works out.

All in all I wouldn’t stress too much about it if you can easily clean off the residue with a clean cloth.

1 hour ago, Asdrael said:

almost the same result

I´d say you are stretching the word a bit. I’m not saying you can’t get acceptable results with just autosol if the frets are sanded well to a fine grit, but in general in metal polishing autosol is no replacement for polishing wheels and abrasive compounds. You may use autosol or something similar after buffing with a wheel to get rid of the residues and give the piece a final touch.