Teisco....yet again...lol

Ok, I recently posted a question about my Teisco del Ray, and mainly as to whether or not the neck could be salvaged. I know I COULD buy a new neck, but I really would like to try and keep the original one...for some reason?

Teisco del Ray pictures

Also, any suggestions on what I can do to make this a good looking guitar, please feel free to offer them.

Jarrid Davis

OK, judging by the pics your headstock is still glued onto the neck and still solid?

If that is the case then all you have to do is some cosmetic work. That is, fill the holes with a wood filler, sand smooth and then lay down a solid coat of paint. If you aren't sure about the strength of the headstock then there is only one solution. Restring the guitar and tune it up to standard. Leave it that way for a while and see what happens. If the headstock cracks or breaks off then you know for sure.

Your only option after that is to rout out slots for hardwood plugs that will span the break area, ie. mortice and tenon joints. Glue and clamp solid and then reshape the joint area. Thats about all you can do to keep the neck looking stock without adding pins, bolts etc.

Ok I've sanded most of the guitar down completely now, and I've made it to the headstock... I sanded the back of the headstock down, but if you feel like it, go to the players corner or whatever where I have posted pics again just trying to get some info(sorry about posting pics so much, but this website deletes them after 5 days.) Anyway, as you will see, the break is pretty bad and really evident on the front. Also, near the top of the break on the head, where it comes to a point, it isn't glued down real well. Should I take a carpenters knife or something and cut that piece off and fill it with wood filler?