Pickup location!!!???!!???

Hey its the stupid retarded sander down the paint guy. I am thinking of added pickups on my neckthru bass it has two jazz pickups routed for it, like the factory, I waht to added a humbucker, Should i put the humbucker where the tail jazz was and route that out and could I route for the jazz in front of the jazz existing hole really close to the neck? Get what I am saying guyz? It would be like 1/4 to the fret board? Bad idea?? Would it weaken the body and neck? where should i put it leave it out? dont like pickups where i spank my bass, gets in the way of my fingees

My Webpage

Check out the page and download the tunes from my old band tell me what you think?

Laterz

Thanks for the replies

i take critijism well so be harsh kiddies!

If I understand what youre saying, you are wondering whether to rout for the humbucker centered on the neck J pickup, or to rout a NEW hole, next to the J pickup's hole, nearer to the neck. Right?

Well, assuming you don't want a big gaping hole, rout right smack dab over the neck J hole.