Oh no, another piezo question.

I wasn't sure if this should go in the electronics section or not, since it's not really about the pickups themselves...

Anyway, I just tried my first experiment with the piezo buzzer that everyone's talking about, and it sounded surprisingly good just taped to the bridge of a Strat copy, but of course it sounded more like an electric than I was going for, so my question is would simply changing the strings make it sound more acoustic, or would i have to use an acoustic bridge as well? Or perhaps gluing it to the body rather than the bridge?

Thanks.

Playing a piezo pickup through a regular guitar amp sounds almost electric like. You need to play through full range speakers. Most piezo guitar manufacturers will recomend you run the output of the piezo straight into the mixing desk and then to the regular P.A. not your guitar amp. Might be worth a try.

Yeah, I was just running it straight. I was actually surprised that it wasn't too loud or soft, and the sound was cool, I would use the word "vintage" to describe it. Still, I expected a more acoustic sound, like the sound clips that were posted awhile back from that wine red guitar (can't find the link), although I realise that it was a different type of setup.

I guess I'll play around with it some more. Maybe I'll try taping it to an acoustic...

I use some on acoustics...mess around with different positions, and you can get great sounds. Even acoustic guitars sound borderline electric through an electric guitar amp most of the time. Run straight to the PA, or split the signals and send the piezo to an acoustic amp (or straight to the PA), and send the electric to its amp.