Mac with Garage Band

bigdguitars

A while ago Apple bought Emagic so I'd assume there are bits of Logic Audio in Garageband

Which annoys me without end, because there will be no more logic audio for PC anymore. I always used it and I definately am NOT going to buy a MAC(which is inferiour for all other pc tasks I do) and a new array of sound hardware only to use newer versions of Logic.

I used to be a programmer and I thought PC was the way to go, now that I have a mac, i will never go back.

I want a computer that does music, pictures, cd videos and websurfing, the mac is built around that. would I program on a mac, no way, or run a db? nope pc for me for enterprise stuff.

plus it has garage band which is quite awesome. I just wish someone hear could point me to a good site, I have been looking online and not found much.

i've actually used Garage Band to record two albums already. sounds shady, yes, but i have. the groups didn't want to do anything fancy, so i just simplified and used the cheap stuff. now i just use it when i get bored and want to mix down a techno beat or something.

i also have Soundtrack, which comes with Final Cut Pro as post editing folley software. i've used that for some stranger applications in the past.

but i learned everything on Logic Pro Audio 5. my dad is a beta tester, so not only did we get the software, we got the "software dongle" that doesn't exist for free. :D

btw, garage band is only cool if you have the right "live-to-digital" interfaces. if you just plug your 1/4" into a USB hub, you're not getting the full effect of it. there are several small boards out there that are compatible with Garage Band, and i think Apple is coming out with one soon, even, that you can use that make it all the better.