having trouble with 4 degree neck angle

Hi everybody, I´m in the final stages of making my LP copy (this is the first time I´ve build a guitar) and in the plans I drew a 4 degree neck angle which seemed right at the time. Now that I put the neck (I haven´t glue it yet) the tuneomatic seems a little high, like about 13/16" (2,1 cm) from the top of the body to the lower E saddle. Is that right? isn´t that too high? I´m a little concerned because I don´t know if the truss rod can correct the problem. Does anybody have a suggestion? will I need to shim the bottom of the neck hole? thanks.

Alberto

Thanks for your responses, 13/16" is the distance between the top of the body and the the top of the saddle (exactly where the strings rests). I have another guitar, a 335 copy and the height at the lower E is 11/16" that why I think maybe I will have problem once I glue the neck. I don´t know if I can lower the neck because the fretboard rests against the body.

Ouch, my last neckthrough had a 4 degree angle as well, (actually 3.9 deg.) The plane of the neck wood is level with the body, add the fretboard and I got 1/4" above the body. I found the guitar played ok only when the bridge was set at its lowest. For optimum setup on the guitar I prefer to have all hardware set in the middle area of their range of adjustment. The only solution available to me was to recess the bridge into the body. You could probably get away with doing a little bit of both (lowering bridge and raising neck) without having any ill effects.