poor boys burst tutorial question

im sitting here looking at the poor boys burst tutorial made by brian, and what it ays to do is put push pins in an inch or so from the edge of the template, my question is, would the bottom of the pins make a mark on the burst, or are they too deep for the paint to reach, also, the burst in the picture is a relatively thin burst, is there a way to make it thicker? thanks bunches - jack

I haven't tried the poor boys burst yet, but I would guess that if you make the template a little smaller that the tutorial suggests, you will get the burst deeper to the center, as far as the push pins are concerned, their function is to hold the template up off of the body, you can actually put the push pins anywhere on the template, it says one inch from the edge, if you are concerned, you can take them in another inch farther, but I would consider using something other than construction paper because it may sag some around the edges with the pins that far in, perhaps you could use cardboard? Anyway, good luck and take pictures!

Shibs