switching pickups

First make a detailed schematic of where everything is wired before taking anything apart..

Then take out your pickup by desoldering the contacts. (don't just cut the wires).

Install then new pickup and resolder. a two conductor pickup will have a "hot" and a "ground" lead. 4 conuctor picups will have a color code. If that's the case you can either solder two of them together effectivly making it a 2-conductor pickup... or use some switches to coil split, phase shift, or switch to series.. But that's probably beyond the scope your first pickup replacement.

If the pickup is a differnet size and shape (single coil vs. humbucker) you will obviously need to make some alterations to the guitar/pickguard... but you didn't mention what you have or what you're using (I'm assuming PAF's with an SG).. so I can't guide you there..

Does that answer your question?

First make a detailed schematic of where everything is wired before taking anything apart..

Then take out your pickup by desoldering the contacts. (don't just cut the wires).

Install then new pickup and resolder. a two conductor pickup will have a "hot" and a "ground" lead. 4 conuctor picups will have a color code. If that's the case you can either solder two of them together effectivly making it a 2-conductor pickup... or use some switches to coil split, phase shift, or switch to series.. But that's probably beyond the scope your first pickup replacement.

If the pickup is a differnet size and shape (single coil vs. humbucker) you will obviously need to make some alterations to the guitar/pickguard... but you didn't mention what you have or what you're using (I'm assuming PAF's with an SG).. so I can't guide you there..

Does that answer your question?

nevermind, i looked at the pickup manufacturer site, and it told me, i dont have the pickups yet cuz i ordered them and they havent gotten here, they are the zakk wylde set, and i looked at emginc.com and its a lot easier than i thought, thanks though