"A close friend has named this one 'Goldie'. Kinda cheesy but she's stuck with it now. I'd been saving a piece of South American mahogany I found as well as a nice piece of cocobolo I acquired a while ago for a build that had a simple natural finish. This was originally going to have nickel hardware on it but I felt gold would do it more justice. Here is the end result.
- Matching mahogany body/neck
- Cocobolo truss cover, fretboard, cavity cover, headstock veneer (both sides) and body binding
- Neck has med fretwire, gold and white MOP and is bound in figured maple and a bone nut
- TonePros AVG2 bridge
- Hipshot open back tuners
- Pickups are Sheptone custom AB's with a simple volume, tone and three-way
- Finished in Mohawk nitrocellulose lacquer