??pu selector??

nomusicnolife555

i got a yamaha that i got for my 12th bday, and ive used it so much over the years, the pu selector is really messed up. if i switch it to bridge, it works fine, but if i turn it towards the neck, it starts to lose any sound that it used to have. like i have my metal master pedal on full blast, and if i switch it to the middle position, it sounds like im using a weak overdrive pedal. any ideas, please share. and if ya need more description on pu's and all that, ask for em, bcuz iono what to tell ya.

Have you tried cleaning the switch? If the problem has developed over time, it's probably related to dirty contacts somewhere. Get some color TV tuner cleaner at Radio Shack, spray a small amount into the switch, and cycle the switch through all its positions a few times. Some people use Deoxit and other contact cleaners with great success, but I have had problems in the past with heavy-duty contact cleaners causing problems with the pots in some Asian-manufactured guitars, so be careful or be prepared to replace pots. If that doesn't fix the problem, try using jumper wires to bypass the switch - if you still have no volume , the problem is somewhere else.