Wanted: Peavey Wolfgang Special?

GuitarMaestro

Hi!

I was always looking at getting a Peavey Wolfgang Special Flametop with Floyd, made in USA. I would also consider a Standard Wolfgang made in USA if the price is right. Now that they are no longer made I have to buy one or I will never have the chance again....Does anyone of the dealers here like Vwall, etc. have some in stock?

Thanks,

Marcel!

@Hughes: Thanks alot! I already look through the bay for Wolfgangs every day though. Problem is: At the moment they are sold way over price there because of the hysteria that they are no longer available and *COULD* become collectible.

I bet they will be back to normal price soon though: In my opinion they will never become really collectible. Peavey made a huge number of them. Ernie Ball made only 5.000 EVH guitars and they still are not above original price level now.

@Scott: I am in no hurry. As long as he answers sometime it's great.

Sorry to thread hijack, but it's slightly on-topic: What is it about the Wolfgang that you prefer to the MM Axis? I much prefer the latter as a matter of taste, but I was wondering if it was something I'm missing or if it's just the shape of the body/headstock?

Greg

To me these guitars are VERY similar to begin with. The differences are really small. What makes the Peavey a little more attractive to me is:

1) Neck is reinforced with Graphite

2) The Peavey has great sounding EVH humbuckers, the MM has just common DiMarzio PU's which are not better or worse, but different and I prefer the EVH humbuckers

3) Archtop available which makes the guitar somewhat more comfortable to play

4) The headstock

5) Peavey's outstanding quality and workmanship which NEVER dissapointed me so far. Everything they build, aside from the cheap stuff is so high quality and solid. You would for example have a VERY hard time damaging one of their amps.

I have no experience with their guitars, though I have always wanted a Vandenburg for some reason, but my Peavey amps have always been solid, even the cheaper solid state ones. I played out and beat the heck out of them constantly, and they never had a problem.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

they are sold way over price there because of the hysteria that they are no longer available and *COULD* become collectible.

i heard about that! the guy at the local music shop collects those guitars and he heard about the fight that evh had with peavey, it apparently had something to do with putting singlecoils in wolfgangs or whatever. so the guy at my shop called the custom guy who made that guitar for evh with those pickups, told him to finish the guitar and send it to him, i saw it at the store its pretty neat

• 3 weeks later...

I am still looking for a Wolfgang. Only difference: I have decided on the exact model. I want a USA Made Wolfgang Standard or Special with Flame Top and Tremolo, finished in Amber or Sunburst. If anybody has any info concerning that one besides ebay(which I monitor), lemme know.

P.s.: Chris Guitars has one on hold....maybe I'll get that one if the customer decides otherwise....