EMGeeeez!!! part 3

Speedy McFeely

well i've come to the conclusion that the passive HZ's aren't as bad as i first thoought. in a high gain situation they sound good, the H4 sounds as good to me as the 81, just a little more noisy.

so here's why i think they're so great. i wired the H4 and H4a with a few fun switches. in single coil mode they sound like a ballsy blues pickup, texas specials come to mind. in and out of phase also sound cool, and they are way quieter than the dimarzios in my other guitars.

i think i've found some really cool new pickups, they may end up replacing the 81/85, just because of they options and versitility the afford me.

the HZ's are really under rated in my opinion.

has anyone else used these? i have a H4 and a H4a that came with a jackson.

i have a set of emg707 hz's that i haven't gotten around to making a guitar for yet... but it's next on the list... i'll try some of the coil tapping options you mentioned that aren't available with the active line... i also have a set of Dimarzio blaze 7 string pickups so i'll be able to do a direct comparison