Curly Pink Ivory... Well... Everything Details!

verhoevenc

OK guys. I have been literally compiling these pieces for YEARS until I had a full set of billets. I now have that glory :D For those that haven't figured it out yet... I'm a foremost connoisseur of Pink Ivory. Don't ask why, it's just kinda like that. So I now have full detail sets of the stuff... and get this... it's almost all curly too!!!!! (*there is some non-curl stuff available too, see below). Fretboards, binding/endgrafts, headplates, rosette blanks, and bridge blanks.

Prices:

Fretboards (at the moment there is ONE available! I MAY release a second... but no guarantees): $120. It is slightly under 18.5" long so it will do either Martin scale with the standard number of frets. I will gladly slot it to either for $8. Also, they are PLENTY wide to get fretboard binding off of for at least the guitar you use it on, probably 1-2 more depending on how you cut, etc. to include sapwood in fretboard.

Non-curly fretboards: $75 will do just about any scale. Once again, I'll slot for $8 (have many electric scales too).

Curly Binding: $13/stick. You will probably never see this again. This stuff NEVER comes in 36" lengths with curl! Most pieces have a very striking sweep from dark pink to creamy watermelon along their length.

Matching curly dark pink end grafts: $5 (you MUST buy binding to buy these for supply reasons).

Headplates Bookmated (7x2x1/8"): $15 light watermelon color, heavy mottle curl. (you MUST buy binding to buy these for supply reasons)

Rosette blanks bookmatched (6x6x1/16"): $15 from same billet as headplates.

Bridge blanks: $25 perfectly riftsawn for bridges. NOT CURLY!!!!! Similar color to headplates.

IMPORTANT DETAILS PLEASE READ: The headplates, rosette and bridge blanks will need a little time to acclimate, they are not 100% dry, but at those thin thicknesses they will take no time to do so. Secondly, I am sorry to limit who can buy the headplates and end grafts to only those who bought binding, but I must keep these items available to those who wish to have full sets. Sorry, I hope you understand.

Binding: dark marks are from the tablesaw, they will sand off when thicknessed to your liking. Nominal .90x3/16x35", but in most cases larger. The wide pieces in the pictures are what the end grafts are from.

curlypibinding.jpgcurlypibindingdryclose.jpg

Fretboards: Notice how the non-curly fretboards look quite nice with curly binding and still provide ample bling.

curlypifretboard.jpgPIFBnoncurl.jpg

Headplate/rosette blank figure:

curlypiheadplates.jpg

These quantities are LIMITED so please wait for confirmation that I have everything you want for your order! This is a first come, first serve deal obviously.

Shipping will be exact cost. No more.

Chris

• 1 month later...

I should probably also mention that this sale is now over. Not that anything sold here (bunch sold on other forums). But I moved up to DC yesterday, and the PI stash is one thing that didn't leave the "home shop".

It's beautiful stuff! Soundat11, keep your eyes peeled on the OLF, there's about 6-7 guys that will have pink ivory bound/headplated/etc. acoustics coming out at some point!

Chris

Wow! That's a great collection. The only place I've seen Pink Ivory was in the Warrior factory. Their master woodworker, Basic Nick, drooled over it, called it the rarest wood in the world. I've never seen the curly variety.

Pink Ivory IS the rarest wood in the world but there is also a very cool legend haha :D

Pink Ivory is the royal tree of the Zulus because only the royal family were allowed to possess the wood. Anyone else possessing the wood (including foreigners) was said to be punished with death. (The death sentence was a legend started in order to increase the value of the wood when sold overseas.)